Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I've been struggling to figure out what exactly I need to do with these essays that I need to write. I finally finished writing my outlines and now I just need to flesh them out. My first essay is on the authors Rudolf Besier and May Edginton. It covers some of their other work, and of course the reactions to Secrets.  It will also cover the screen versions of the play.
My other essay will cover the play itself. It will have the generation gap, anti/pro-feminist perspective, and it will deal heavily on how much theory, morals, and ideals change over time. Oh, also it will deal with love. I feel like I can't write anything on this play that doesn't have at least a little bit of something that has to do with love.
I am also making a glossary for terms and whatnot that may confuse my readers. Like the fact that Rudolf Besier sometimes has his name spelled "Rudolph" and not "Rudolf". I'm not sure why, but it is correct.
Soon to come: a TON of information on everything you wanted (and maybe didn't want) to know about Secrets. Hopefully this blog will help anyone who tries to read, see, or produce it. Most of my arguments are written for the potential audience's perspective since I feel like that if the best way for me to get as in depth into this play as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment